Thursday, November 29, 2007

Direct Plaster

I've also got this going. It's direct plaster onto chicken wire inspired by the fabulous Audrey Reynolds.
I cut some chicken wire and then connected/sealed it into a pillow shape. I am looking for a lot of in and out in the sculpture. I am interested in the rippled surface of seeds like dates and nuts and have attempted to recreate this here.









Scrim is cut and dipped into wet plaster, then applied directly to the chicken wire. I have used two different types of scrim, one a tight knit gauze and anotherthat is woolier and thicker.

Here's a couple of hours worth of plaster applied. It's getting heavy.








But here I am lifting the alternative F.A. Cup


1 comment:

PBadgerMW said...

Hello David, I thought it was about time I left a comment on your blog. Just to say I think it is absolutely fantastic and you are the perfect student. I really hope the OFSTED inspectors get to see your wonderful blog. You are an inspiration to us all. Just one concern, I do hope you have cleared permission on that photo of Audrey, you know how sensitive she is to having her picture taken!